CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My days with rain in Chennai

I wake up to see coconut leaves dripping water and falling right on my face. The place I am staying is kinda spooky that way. You never know which corner will flood and when.
I am in 'Mad'ras. The point I wish to emphasize here is not the ambiance of my stay, but what has rendered it so horrible. The rain.
Every morning , lazing , trying to avoid rain and procrastinating till limit tends to infinity and falls down from there, I wake up and start on my 'journey' ( i always wonder how it wud have been if i went on some salt satyagraha instead) . I have to cross more rivers than there are in Konkan railway. My feet drown sometimes in colorful waters and then re-emerge to my happiness. Oh God! I thought I was going to be an amphibian! Relief.. Then I get showered by the generous creepy crawlies on the road. Dude! I already had one in the morning. If you thought that wasn't enough you could have explicitly told me! Too much. After numerous such incidents, fighting wit the evil rain and traveling along with my new travel mates the frog, the insect, the err i dont know what to call it.. hmm larva seems good... I reach my destination. All schools and colleges are closed today thanks to the extra sensitive (to light :P) MK government. I am here typing my experiences in a place that boasts of being what it is due to people who do not bother about above stated conditions and still come and work.

P.S. Those who read this, Please pray that it stops raining. :(

0 comments: